Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, June 21, 2013

Dreama Tolle Perry Oil Workshop, Day 2, French Window, SOLD, Lexington, KY and One Day Journal Workshop by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

French Window 13053  (SOLD 6/21/2013)
12x12 on Ampersand Gessobord Panel
Available from my online Gallery at Daily Paintworks click HERE.

Day one of the workshop can be found on the previous post HERE. Usually the first thing each morning Dreama Tolle Perry would show her yesterday's demo painting and explain the changes in highlights and refined composition after she could work without interruptions in the evening. On mine I just worked Alla Prima and was off to something else the next day. Some nights we did stay later than 4:00 to paint at the Artists Attic  if we wanted to eat dinner in the area and not go back to our hotel room. We didn't have a morning of critiques but Dreama asked us to look and observe what we love and try to incorporate that into our painting style, but as she walked the room she gave individual critiques and comments throughout the day.

 
Nancy, Maryann and Connie at the end of the Pedway getting ready for class in the next building.

Nancy and Dreama

Dreama and Ron, her husband, are in France now with 16 happy workshop people for a 10 day painting holiday. If you enjoy journaling as I do, Dreama has invited us along to make journal entries from photos that she posts. I did that yesterday from her post HERE.  She asks that we don't copy her photos for paintings to sell. I have several journals going and in my new 7x10 120 lb. Cachet by Daler Rowney I'm made the following entry and copied Dreama's post First. 
Nancy's sketch Page 4 after Dreama's Post "First"

While in Lexington at the 5 day workshop I had a Stillman & Birn Alpha 6x8, 100 lb to record our days. This is page 18 and 19 and I would add a quick sketch of the painting done that day. The planter was in the Triangle Park surrounded by water fountains that we could see from our 15th Hyatt Regency Room. 

I have other journals that I write in and this is an entry from the one I've dubbed my "Out and About" that I stick in my backpack, a super deluxe 9x6 93 lb. Aquabee. Pages 16 and 17 entry after a doctor appointment and eating at one of my favorite restaurants, Sweet Tomatoes. Painting red tomatoes on a red plate? (maybe I'll do that differently next time.)
I'm giving a one day art journaling workshop, "Love Your Life" at the Dutch Art Gallery, June 29, 2013. Sign up this week to make this a go. I need several more for this class to make. To read about how to sign up go to my website under workshops HERE. I will bring these journals to discuss and demonstrate how to begin to keep a daily record of your life. I was so proud of my traveling companions in Lexington as we all whipped out our journals at every opportunity in Lexington and would sit, draw, talk, and dine.

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net


Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil landscape, French window, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Contemporary Fine Arts International, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Ampersand Gessobord, Square Painting, Dreama Tolle Perry Workshop, Check Advantage,

No comments: