Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sea Turtle Nests 13092, a Watercolor Illustration with Pen and Ink for the Book of Poems, Dreams of the Turtle King by Denise Bossarte, Illustrations by Nancy Standlee

Sea Turtle Nests 13092
Watercolor 11x10, Bockingford Rough 140 lb. paper
Namiki Falcon pen and Noodler's Lexington Gray Ink

I have done a lot of research for the illustrations for the book of poems, Dreams of the Turtle King, and I found a video of these turtles hatching and making their way to the sea and it was awesome to watch. I would like to observe that in person someday. Today I think I will finish up two illustrations and the project. I do have others that I haven't downloaded and posted but the actual painting is nearly finished. What a learning experience this has been and so glad I said yes.  One thing I've learned from a favorite instructor, Robert Burridge, "The answer is always YES." (If you have to ask, the answer is always yes.. in such as, does this painting need more red, Yes.. do you think I need to stop, Yes..and when people ask you to do a project..say yes and figure the how out later..the answer is always, Yes..)

All of these watercolors will be for sale on my Daily Paintworks site HERE soon. They are now in Houston being professionally scanned and when they are returned, I will mat them in 14x11 mats and place in clear bags before mailing and the new owner can select a standard size frame. 

Yesterday I ordered Vistaprint postcards to give out with the book cover image of the Sea Turtle. I can't wait to get my cards and begin to pass them out. This is the cover image: 

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


Dreams of the Turtle King blog http://www.dreamsoftheturtleking.com/

Denise Bossarte
Found Worlds Photography
Dreams of the Turtle King: Poems Inspired by South Florida Beaches by Denise Ippensen Bossarte

Dreams:
Texas Daily Painter, Watercolor, Pen and Ink sketches,  Beach paintings, small paper painting, poetry book, poems, beach poems, turtle nests  Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest,  Dreams of the Turtle King,  Virginia, Denise Bossarte, photography, Amazon, Florida, Found Worlds,

No comments: