Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mixed Media Torn Paper Collage Painting, Apple 12093 and Workshop July 21, One Day Collage by Nancy Standlee Texas Artist

Apple 12093
6"x6" torn paper mixed media collage on canvas


This collage has magazine papers and the background is text from a 1936 cookbook, The Household Searchlight Recipe Book. The pages are yellow with age and very delicate and published by The Household Magazine, Topeka, Kansas @1931. It came from a relative's estate sale and tucked inside pages are other recipe pages from their life at West Point and other recipe clippings glued and some hand written. I found the music with the lines "A Little Love, A Little Kiss" and am reminded of the only "poetry" I can quote and it's from my loved Betty Crocker cookbook @1950 with the old red cover my mom gave me during my college days (OK I majored in Home Economics) in the apple pie section is "Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze." I had to memorize old English poetry, and sonnets, and Shakespeare and all I can spout is something out of my Betty Crocker cookbook?   
I will have some small collages on display Saturday July 7 at the HEB store in Granbury during their Art in the Cart event, near the Coffee Grinder. I signed the painting on the side as I didn't want to detract from the collage area on the small canvas. 

 One day high heel collage workshop July 21 at FWCAC in Fort Worth. Click HERE for more info.

No stress. I'll furnish the image for the high heel and no prior art experience needed. Come expecting to have an enjoyable day and return home with a 12" high heel torn paper collage. You bring a limited supply list and expect to go home with new ideas and make some new friends. 
The supply list is available on the link or call Elaine Taylor 817.298.3021 or email gallerymanager@fwcac.org or Rachel Pope rachel@artscouncilfw.org to register. The one day class is $125.00. 
The Fort Worth Community Center is a great place for a workshop with lots of room and there is a cafe in the building for a quick lunch at Z's Cafe. 
 This is a high heel I've recently demoed at a workshop in Dallas.

Wild Friends, 12079
 12" on canvas


See at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks
There is a nice perk now at Daily Paintworks. If you purchase a painting you have 4 chances in 30 days to win a featured artists painting. Check out the Artist Spotlight and Giveaway icon.
TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER ABSTRACT COLLAGE, APPLE COLLAGE
BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest


No comments: