Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ventura Fruit Stand, Palette Knife Painting and Liz Steel Sketching Now Class by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Ventura Fruit Stand
Oil, 12x12: on Ampersand gessobord panel

The palette knife workshop with Leslie Saeta at her beach house in November in Ventura CA was a combo of plein air and studio. This particular painting was done in the studio on the last day of the workshop. She has just posted her 2015 list of workshop dates. If you are wanting to learn the palette knife she is an excellent instructor. 
In preparation for more traveling and lighter loads, I've just ordered the mini palette (2 lbs.) from James Coulter. I have the compact and standard but I keep wanting smaller and lighter. He has some good videos on how to set up. 
While in California, the Liz Steel Sketching Now online classes started and I'm just now catching up. She lives in Australia and it's the best way I know of for this Texas gal to get to study with her along with hundreds of other students around the globe. Here is part B of my homework for this week on volumes. I used the Stillman and Birn, Zeta book, 7x10". 


Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil, building, architecture, fruit stand, California, Ventura, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Check Advantage, Liz Steel Sketching Now, Stillman & Birn,
Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.



No comments: