Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, June 29, 2007

Golden Days


15” x 11”
unframed, no mat - acrylic on watercolor paper
Golden Days is a rose’s name but I thought about summer’s golden days when beautiful flowers are in bloom. I plan to paint some smaller pieces soon of various subjects. I’ve watched Daily Painters Art – a group of 115 artists who do ‘one-a-day’ paintings. Wow! And these are usually smaller paintings. Yesterday I received an email from another daily painter, Duane Keiser, introducing his 2nd blog. He’s beginning an experiment of painting an oddment, a small 3”x 2” painting, and he will sell it for $125, painted from objects people send him – objects that would fit in the palm of your hand. Immediately I grabbed an old WAMU check box and began looking for small objects to send. I decided on ½ pair of a Monarch butterfly wings, found in the yard and I have saved it for years, an out of fashion covered button – the ones we wore covering up perfectly good buttons but they matched our skirts. Maybe that was just a school teacher thing. Also, I sent a sewing machine bobbin and an old wooden spool of thread that had 15 cents printed on one end and that is old. I found the thimble that was supposed to be included this morning on the kitchen table. The package went out yesterday. I’ll let you know if he chooses any of my items. At one time I collected all things sewing but now it's art, pens, and pencils. I want to do some small paintings – larger than 3” x 2” but smaller than this Golden Days 15” x 11”. Maybe I’ll call them my “Little Jewels”. How does that sound? Maybe use some 6” x 8” canvas panels.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Taylor said...

Another wonderful flower painting Nancy. Wouldn't a grouping of 3 of these look wonderful in someone's sun room!!

Connie Michael said...

Beautiful, bright, sunny colors....flung together by a free spirit. What a lovely paintings, Nancy. It's so YOU!

Connie

Cindy Campbell said...

I'm jealous of your Feedblitz button for subscribing...not to mention your new wonderful painting. You'll have to show me how to do that at Conna's!!

Margie Whittington said...

Really beautiful painting, Nancy!
I want a lesson in Feedblitx too.
mw