Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Angel at Rest ~ Skinny Girl Award ~ CBC Mini Paintings

$40.00
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas
Purchase through Canvas by Canvas.com
Angels are referred to as Watchers, Holy Ones, Host of Heaven, Spirits, Messengers, Guardians and our Champions. They are commonly depicted as having halos and wings and in Christian iconography they are shown as a winged human form and are powerful and are used to execute God's will. This angel is an imaginary angel at rest and as a former librarian, I gave her a book to read but even though she is supposed to be on a "rest break" she still looks down guarding her charges. I used some Pearlescent paint on the wings. Wikipedia has a long article on angels.
Canvas by Canvas has been painting some mini paintings for their upcoming shows and we have done, fish lures and flys, high heels, cupcakes, and now angels. I am one of the 11 members of CBC.
Since March, some of us at CBC have been in a weight war. See my post of July 30, 2007.
Yesterday was weigh in day at the Upstairs Gallery annex. This a photo of the winner, Nancy..yep, that's me being presented with the Skinny Girl Award by the keeper of the money, Cindy Yandell. It was her idea for us to undertake this project and I'm glad I joined in with the group as I've lost 19 pounds and plan to lose some more. I really didn't get serious until about a month ago and this post tells a little about one of my tactics.

Nancy is holding the $$$, Cindy Y is presenting the Skinny Girl Award.

I hope to use some of the cash award to take more art workshops and photo op trips.
Other blogs where I post:
http://artistfoodnetwork.blogspot.com
http://canvasbycanvas.blogspot.com
http://myspace.com/nancystandlee
TO PURCHASE PAINTINGS: Go to Paypal on http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com
Eat Well ~ Paint Your Food ~ Laugh Often

5 comments:

Elizabeth Taylor said...

You and CY are BEAUTIFUL skinny girls. I'm so proud of you Nancy for your accomplishment -- both the weight loss and the lovely angel.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks, BT, it has been great fun painting our minis with you and sharing this CBC experience.
http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment about Clementina on my blog. I enjoyed looking at your lovely paintings.

Adventures in Daily Painting said...

Your Angel At Rest is just wonderful, Nancy! I love it!

Some old bee-yatch said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL painting! Congratulations :)