Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Trash Talking" Giclee, Gamut, FAR, and a Dot Com

"Trash Talking" is now available in a giclee 20" x 20"

There are several new announcements with this post.
I have a new website that you are invited to view at Nancy Standlee Art .
Not all of my paintings have been listed yet and a few pages still need some work but the home page and the giclee page are intact.
I've contracted with Gamut Control for my fine art reproductions and you may view my catalog page here. Gamut is also producing some giclees for the collaborative group that I belong to, Canvas by Canvas,
The Art World News magazine will have an ad in the January issue with our photos and a write up. It hasn't hit the newsstands yet but I'll post about that later. Art World news is the best read trade publication in the art and framing industry today. It is a professional journal that shows industry trends and copies can be found at your local gallery or frame shop or by subscription and has a subscription base of 20,000, mailed 12 times a year, and it has been in operation since 1996.
I am in the process of having my work registered (part of the Gamut contract) and preparing my portfolio with the Fine Art Registry. The Fine Art Registry is packed with useful information for artists.

Fine Art Registry™ provides a unique, patented, high technology tagging and registration system for artists, collectors, galleries and museums, to help ensure authenticity and provide accurate provenance for works of art and all valuable collectibles. Fine Art Registry members have their own, online art gallery and artist portfolio.

Yesterday I painted with some CBC friends at the Upstairs Gallery and continued working on a koi entry for the juried show with SWA.
The prospectus can be found online but the deadline is drawing close, January 26. I am using some of the Nicholas Simmons techniques that he discussed on Wet Canvas using liquid acylic watercolors. I am signed up for his workshop with Artist Showcase in June and I'm really excited about this workshop. If you can't find a workshop in your area, Wet Canvas, has a wonderful learning site for demos and if you look under FISH you will see the Nick demo that has inspired my entry.
Watch for the post with the painting later on in the week.


5 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

You are working SO HARD!!! Congratulations on all the good news Give yourself a big pat on the back for me.

Cecelia said...

Congratulations, Nancy! You are really "going to town" with your work! That's wonderful!

Nancy Standlee said...

Hi, Cecelia and Suzanne, Nice to hear from you both and it does look like 2008 has started with a rush and the possibilities are exciting. Thanks for leaving a comment. ns

Sandy Maudlin said...

Nancy,
I really enjoyed your blog. SOunds like you keep very busy, too. Your TRASH TALKING painting is splendid. I'll be back to see what's new.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks, Sandy, I certainly appreciate your comments and I see we like many of the same artists and I enjoy your Yupo examples and explanations.