Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Fifth Day ~ PCPC Entry

"The Fifth Day"
30" x 24" x 1 3/4"deep Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
I have just successfully submitted my entry for the PCPC art show, deadline is noon February 14. The entries were based on Genesis and divided into 4 themes. I chose Theme One, Beginnings of Creation and specifically Genesis 1:20-22. This is the write up that I submitted:
"God spoke into being the creatures who inhabit the waters and birds to fill the expanse of the heavens. He was pleased with His 5th day of work of creating living creatures and He blessed the great and various species of fish of the deep and winged birds of the sky and fowl and commanded them to multiply. His blessing can be seen in the multiplying of the fish and fowl from year to year."
This was my big painting project at CBC's Lake House Retreat this past weekend and below this post you can see a slide show of some of the paintings that were completed. All of my friends were placing small paintings on the mantel and I continued working on "The Fifth Day" but I also completed the second in a series of "Talking" and posted yesterday, "Shop Talking". Today I entered it into the Creative Catalyst "Treasures" winter art show. Any artist can enter until the end of the month and the company has wonderful dvd art instruction titles.
I am packing for two upcoming workshops: Robert Burridge at Dena's and Mel Stabin in San Miguel with Flying Colors. I will post work and notes about them when I return. Stay warm. Weather in the metroplex will be rainy and cold this weekend.

6 comments:

William F. Renzulli said...

I enjoy the way you use color in your paintings. This piece is really nice.

Lori McNamara said...

I love this painting, you have so much action in it and lovely colors. Thanks for your comment on my 500th!

jafabrit said...

Beautiful Painting :)

Linda Blondheim said...

Nancy,
This is a very rich painting. Just lovely.

Linda Blondheim

www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Mantas said...

Nice blog. I will keep checking on it. Please take the time to visit my daily art blog.
http://dailyartwork.blogspot.com/

Kims Art said...

This is my first time to your blog. I found you through the blog catalog. I did not want to leave without telling you how much I enjoyed looking at your work. It is wonderful!