Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, May 26, 2008

Willie Nelson Watercolor Portrait

Willie Portrait Watercolor on 200 lb. paper
22" x 22"
I had lots of critique help from my Canvas by Canvas friends, Maryann, Cindy Y, Betty, and Connie, today at the Upstairs Gallery. We painted on personal projects and really didn't get on a roll until after our wonderful lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. a new restaurant in Arlington. We all ate a good healthy lunch with fresh salad if you could keep from finishing it off with chocolate brownies and ice cream and we all failed.
I painted Willie on a 50/50% water and matte medium coated watercolor paper. I see several things that need to be tweaked but I will need to live with it for awhile.
I received the release from the photographer to paint it in January 2007 but I'm just now getting around to painting it and I think I've been encouraged by of the experimental methods discussed and demonstrated in the Myrna Wacknov workshop. Let me know if you see places that need to be changed.
Oh, yes, why not listen to Always on My Mind. Songs and singers don't get any better than this.

2 comments: