Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mamma Mia! ~ Arte Y Pico Award ~ IHOP ~ Journal

"Mamma Mia!"
7 1/2" x 5 1/2" Acrylic on paper

I had to name this Cloudcroft workshop painting, Mamma Mia! after attending the opening day movie with several Canvas by Canvas members.
Betty, Karen, Cindy
Maryann, Nancy, Cindy C
Yes, we were in the movie when Karen saw a friend to take our photo. I felt decadent after meeting for an early morning breakfast at IHOP and getting into a movie before noon. We were brought back to reality after a trip to Sam's in Texas heat to purchase food for our opening reception tonight at the Upstairs Gallery from 5-8. See previous post. GREAT movie and day.
At the IHOP and I haven't been there in years but I'm going back - good food and good service in Arlington.

Myrna Wacknov has awarded my blog the Arte y Pico award. Arte y Pico is a blog from Uruguay, whose blogger has come up with this award. The rules are to pass the award on to five other artists' blogs that are awesome. The award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents. Thank you, Myrna, for giving me the award and you inspire me.
Here are the rules in more detail:
First, the rules:
Pick FIVE blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here.
My 5 picks:
1. Nicholas Simmons Blog - A great painter, friend and blogger.
2. Suzanne McDermott - She built her own studio and interesting reading.
3. Sharilyn Miller - A very talented jewelry designer and author.
4. Doudy Sketche - Who shares a challenge of tree painting in watercolor.
5. Canvas by Canvas Art Blog - Just a little nepotism on this one. I belong to this collaborative group of artists.
I have been trying to draw/sketch/paint in my journal each day (maybe just highlight one incident) and I will post these entries when I have a 9x12 page full in my Canson All-media book. I found some old journals with this method and I loved reading them so maybe I'll do it for a month and quit again, but I am trying.
Here I was packing for the Robert Burridge workshop in Cloudcroft and will always have to include what I've been eating or cooking!



6 comments:

Connie Michael said...

MAMA, MIA... I dont know where to start! I've just returned from the Canvas by Canvas opening night reception at The Upstairs Gallery. The show looks great, and your big paintings look awesome. Sure have enjoyed your blog from this last week, and your Mama Mia painting. Very clever!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thank you, Nancy! I'm honored and thrilled to receive the Arte Y Pico Award! I'm looking forward to passing it along. You're absolutely lovely.

Nick said...

Another smoker and your journal page looks great - very tempting to get into that seeing how cool your's is.
And the award! I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, mom and pop, Nancy Standlee Fine Art Guild, my first art teacher, all my friends who stuffed the ballot box....

Nader Shenouda said...

Thanks Nancy,
Its an honour to be picked by a wonderful artist such as yourself!
thanks again and Take care

Terry Banderas said...

Nancy--
Enjoy yur site and your artwork.

John Dyhouse said...

Wow, Mama Mia! What a wonderful painting, I really love the colourful exhuberance in this.