Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Torn Paper Collage Portrait Painting ~ Texas Contemporary Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Charles"
Torn Paper Collage Portrait Painting
18 x 18 in. on canvas

This is my second collage portrait since taking the Derek Gores workshop in Florida December 11 and 12. To see the first collage portrait go to my blog post HERE. This is a Christmas gift for a friend and I included some personal touches in the painting, sports, A&M, crossword puzzles, his daughter's name, etc. I'm enjoying this process so much I'm now asking friends to save me their old magazines!

I found this collage artist in the January issue, 2011 of Southwest Art Magazine and if you like torn paper collage you will enjoy looking at his site. Click HERE for Richard Curtner's Art.

Wishing all my blogger friends and readers a very Merry Christmas from Texas.

BLOG:...............http://NancyStandlee.blogspot.com


WEBSITE:.........http://NancyStandlee.com

WEBSITE:.........http://CanvasbyCanvas.com


PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS ~ TORN PAPER PAINTINGS ~ WATERMEDIA ~
COLLAGE ART ~ MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING ~ COLLAGE PORTRAIT
~ TEXAS DAILY PAINTER
~ NANCY STANDLEE CONTEMPORARY ART ~


Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

10 comments:

jeanie said...

Nancy, I love you new collages. Have you seen Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson's work, Paper Paintings?

Eva said...

I think you've found your niche! Your collage portraits are great!You have inspired me to try.

Nancy Standlee said...

Hi, Jeanie, Yes Elizabeth produces some amazing work. I mentioned her in my post
http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com/2010/11/eat-you-up-cupcake-cupcake-collage-hand.html
and again June 23, about Koi Collage. I'm trying to decide whether to take another Derek Gores workshop or not?

Nancy Standlee said...

Eva, thanks for the kind comments and please try it. I'd love to see your efforts. Try yourself first and no one gets their feelings hurt!! That's why I did my own at the Derek workshop.

Nancy Laliberte said...

You are so creative Nancy! I love your work!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thank you Nancy.. you make my Christmas merry with statements like that.

devotedmomof7 said...

Nancy, this is so special. I love it!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks, C, and a Merry Christmas. I hope there is a little resemblance.

Tee McNeil Art said...

That's just amazing! I love it to pieces!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks for the comment Teressa