Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Acrylic Mixed Media Figurative Painting ~ Blessings ~ by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Blessings" 11108
12x9x3/4 in on canvas, acrylic mixed media

"Blessings" is a mixed media acrylic figurative painting on 3/4" depth gallery wrapped canvas with texture of pencil, sgraffito, and metallic and paint splattering. I've added it to my gallery at Daily Paintworks.

Workshops:
See my blog post HERE about the painting I did in the Carolyn Riegelman workshop in Granbury in September. The word is now out about her April 2012 texture workshop in Granbury and if you want on the list I hear the class is filling up quickly. I'm taking it again as we all were so productive and had so much fun. Contact the Lake Granbury Art Association HERE  We love using Venetian Plaster for texture and we used Lowe's Valspar Venetian Plaster during the 2011 workshop and I've found a Behr Venetian Plaster at Home Depot. I haven't tried it yet but will report on  it in a later blog post. A lot of artists have differing opinions on whether  to use it on canvas or a firm support. Carolyn says use it thinly and build up the layers on canvas - a statement I think I might have missed the first time - probably outside flinging paint on my canvas. Anyway I'm hoping my red painted textured acrylic on canvas holds up. It is one of my favorites.
My favorite Professional Gesso is by Utrecht and I see they have a YouTube video on their wood panels which might be something you'd like to try out if you go the texture route.

Movie:
I've just seen "Midnight in Paris" at the theater and it is scheduled on DVD this week and I must recommend this for a great holiday movie treat for all and especially if you're an artist.

Holiday Paint Out by Creative Catalyst:
If you would like to paint something this week and post on FaceBook to be included in the Anne Bagby DVD drawing in January HERE is the link. The word for this week is present. My "present" to my loyal readers is blessings to you and yours this Christmas season.

CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING,
BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

No comments: