Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Bleed Purple, 12132, a Donation for TTS/TTP TSU and a Collage Commission by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee


Bleed Purple, 12132
Torn Paper Collage Purple Boot, 20x16 on canvas

See at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks
There is a nice perk now at Daily Paintworks. If you purchase a painting you have 4 chances in 30 days to win a featured artists painting. Check out the Artist Spotlight and Giveaway icon.
 


This past weekend was the Tarleton State University homecoming and I always enjoy going and seeing friends from from my years there back in the 50's when Tarleton was a junior collage. In 1954-56 I was fortunate to be initiated into a secret spirit organization, the TTS/TTP and on Saturday they held an auction and I made this torn paper collage for the auction at the Melody Mountain Ranch afternoon party. 
I was very pleased with the amount it brought to their fund. Over the years the organization has gone through changes and in 1956 people knew who had been in the organization when the annual came out and this is the page from the annual about 2 minutes in with the "Rack Ranger" banner. I'm second from the left in the short video.
http://www.tarleton.edu/traditions/purplepoo.html

Commission:
A North Texas chief of staff of a corporation Googled collage artist in April and contacted me about a large commission to go in their new building for April 2013. After meetings, many emails, and me producing a prototype that was approved for the project, I felt like it would nearly be beyond my time capabilities  (after two back to back workshops and I began to feel overwhelmed). There would be three 4 x 6 feet canvases using some of their correspondence and I could use some of my painted and found paper for collage. In September I explained I felt like it would be impossible for me to work in their time limits with my workshops and commitments and then 3 of my collage artist friends came to the rescue, Maryann Stephens, Connie Michael, and Karen Foster joined me and they were approved for the project. With their expert help, trucks were rented for moving the canvases, a studio was secured, and supplies were ordered and work has begun. In this blog I will post our progress. Tables have been set up, the image has been drawn off, papers sorted and one of the figures  and some background paper have been applied. Here are some photos of us at work.

 Going over the drawing with a permanent marker. Connie, Maryann, Karen

 Connie and Nancy confer.

Wow..these are really tall canvases. Checking our drawing.

 The figure in the center panel and outlines of figures of the left and right.

 Closeup of some of the text around the figure.

This is the biggest project that any of us have been involved with and we are having so much fun working with each other and working our the daily problems we are facing. Stay turned for our progress.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER COLLAGE COMMISSION


BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

What an amazing project Nancy...such hard work. It would be a dream to work on surfaces that large.

Your artwork is fantastic!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So Inspiring as a fellow collage artist! I love the post and your work!!!!

Ruth Armitage said...

So cool to be able to follow along on this project with you! I look forward to seeing the progression :)