Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Atlanta Pears, Oil Still Life, Nancy Franke Workshop by Texas Painter Nancy Standlee

Atlanta Pears 14026
8x10 Oil on canvas panel

I was in Atlanta June 13 and 14 for the Nancy Franke oil workshop and we painted from still life set ups. See the first post here.



My spot in the workshop and fortunately the Atlanta Artists Center had easels.




I traveled on AA miles and you have to travel on their time so my flight was not until 8:30 PM (and late) on Sunday so I spent most of the day at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I enjoyed a fresh food demo by Megan McCarthy and the Garden has other recipes posted on their website.

I'm enjoying another virtual journal trip to France with Dreama and here are two pages from my Cachet 7x10 journal. If you have been in a Dreama workshop you know about these Big Girl Panties and the scale in the journal does not do them justice. These are huge and Dreama is petite so there must be a lesson here.

Joyce Hicks:
I watched a free one hour webinar this week with Joyce Hicks and it is now on YouTube with Artists Network. It details how to turn a photo into a work of art in Transforming Landscapes HERE.

Suzy Pal is getting a new studio gallery in order and has invited me to Plains October 17-18, 2014 to give a 2 day sketchbook journaling workshop. See more details on my website at http://nancystandlee.com under workshops and sign up by writing Suzy at Suzy_pal2000@yahoo.com. This is a description about the workshop I sent to Suzy.

This two day workshop is all about you and how to record some of your life events.
This sketchbook journaling workshop will be an introduction to sketchbook journaling with pen and watercolor and will focus on YOU with  a "Love Your Life" theme. We will explore choices in sketchbooks and paints and palettes, examine some great reference books and I will demo techniques I use to keep various sketchbook journals. The student does not need any previous art experience or drawing experience but just needs to come with the desire to explore some possibilities of preserving some moments on their life journey. For example, we usually have some type of hot beverage each morning and it is a great beginning for an entry. Below is an entry I made in a previous art journal workshop of a favorite coffee cup. We will begin with a structured lesson like this and then students will be able to add their personal experiences to their journals for Day One. On Day Two, we will explore travel journals and architecture and people drawings.
After sign up a supply list will be mailed with more details.
Some more details can be found on my website at http://NancyStandlee.com under workshops.

Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil still life, pears, Atlanta, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Check Advantage, Joyce Hicks, Dreama Perry, Suzy Pal


Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.

1 comment:

Lauren Bond said...

Wonderful Fine art gallery.