Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sold ~ If You Give A Mouse a Cookie ~ Or How I Got From There to Here



"Always Thinking" self portrait
SOLD to Art collectors in Colorado
22" x 15" image
140 lb. watercolor paper
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.. by Laura Numeroff
My elementary library students used to love to hear that book read to them and it tells about the circuitous route this mouse takes after he wants a cookie and it gives valuable lessons on cause and effect. Check it out by clicking on my Amazon link button to the above and to the right. I feel like that mouse in search of a cookie this morning. Plans were made to hit the kitchen table to pay bills but after checking my FeedBlitz email, I got all involved in reading the email from
Peter Chen on blogger tips on putting a photo at the bottom of your blog . So I emailed him to ask if I followed his directions would that be my photo or his. I’m a newbie remember? So he answered and put it in his comments and that went on for awhile and I always like to check out others’ comments and found this one on Chen's site.
I like to read comments nearly as much as posts and right below one of Chen's posts was this comment posted on 6/25/2007 by
Daniel Thompson and he said on Chen's blog...
I have been reading your blog for some time, but never bothered to leave a
comment. I have found it to be helpful and posted a little article about it
here:
http://profiledirectory.blogspot.com/2007/06/blogger-tips-and-tricks.html

So now I want to go register my profile with Daniel Thompson. That I have done and if you are not convinced to do the same read this post where he lists why profile pages are important… Then at the bottom on his links of Wrong Blog, …
he mentioned he’d won a prestigious award so I was intrigued.
Mr. Thompson says: I was surprised, no I was stunned, to receive an email from Bobby Griffin saying that I won the coveted Bestest Blog of the Day Award. I mean, this blog isn't even a week old!

So who is Bobby Griffin and I had to go check out The Bestest Blog of All-Times. Yes, I want to sign up here and I added his link to my blog roll under Blogs I Like.

After reading this interview with him, I felt like he was a pretty good guy and I’d like his Bestest Blog.
Internet interview with Bobbie Griffin about what a blog should be.
http://tomasinagunterouw.wordpress.com/2007/07/14/an-interview-with-bobby-griffin/

OK, I’m going to want to join up with anyone who wants to promote my blog. Bobby, you and I are new best friends. So it’s now after noon and no bills are paid and it began when I wanted to read Peter Chen’s one article. If you give a girl a computer, she’s gonna want to email, then she’s gonna want to blog and quickly found out that blogging is like email on steroids. Maybe, eventually I'll get back to the bills.
The book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura Joffe Numeroff, gives valuable lessons on cause and effect and is suitable for ages 4-8 or maybe a senior or two..maybe even 71. The first line sets the mood, “If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.” On Amazon it was rated 5 stars and reviewed by 109 satisfied customers. To read more about the book, click on the Amazon link button on this page. Felicia Bond illustrated the book. Other titles in the series: If you Give a Moose a Muffin and If You Give a Pig a Pancake recommended by Oprah's Books for Kid's Reading List. All are wonderful reads.
I found this on YouTube if you'd like to hear more about the mouse and the cookie.


4 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the links and for leaving a comment in my post Make music slideshow with FlipTrack. I have also followed some interesting links from your post.

Peter (Blog*Star 2006 and 2007)
Blogger for Dummies

BG Hackney said...

Wow Nancy, what info you have given us. I would say you have the Bestest Blog I know of! bg

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Nancy,

Regarding your questions in my post Profile Directory - increase traffic to your blog, I have responded to your comment.

Peter (Blog*Star 2006 and 2007)
Testing Blogger Beta (now New Blogger)

Tom Brown said...

Wow! First let me compliment you on the absolutely WONDERFUL watercolor of yourself. I hope it's sold to yourself because it should be a keeper. I found your blog because of your comment on my work; thank you for the kind words.
When I saw your mention of "Give a mouse a cookie," it struck me because that's one of the books my son loved for us to read for him at bedtime when he was little (he's in college now). Then I nearly got caught in the same domino chain effect as you when I began reading more and more of the things mentioned in your post. I had to stop and refocus before I began checking all the links and my day disappeared like yours did. However I have bookmarked your site and plan to devote some time to following all these delicious links when time permits. Again, thank you for your compliments and for all the information on your blog. And once again, great work!

Tom Brown
http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com