Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Figures ~ Acrylic Painting ~ I WON ~

Lady on Orange Stool, Acrylic on Canvas panel 6" x 8" $48.00


Man on Violet Stool, Acrylic on Canvas Panel, 8" x 8" $64.00

These two paintings were painted at the Robert Burridge Workshop in Mendocino, California. See previous posts during October 1 - 5, 2007. They are repeated here with the price and size information included. We drew and painted the undraped figure for 4 days and I took a lot of artistic license with the models.
Hurray! Hooray! Hurrah! I've won a Myrna Wacknov drawing because 5 of the people I've recommended have signed up for her blog. She wants to build a blog base and I took up the gauntlet. It will be fun to see what happens in this little drawing/painting community with encouragements all around. Last weeks challenge was a continuous line drawing (no crossovers, etc.) that will post Friday. That was hard and I know I don't want to be a wire sculptress. I may try to incorporate the drawing into a painting. To subscribe to her Creativity Journal blog, on the right hand side after the "About me" profile is a subscribe blank to type in your email address and she will not share your address. If you sign up, email her(myrnawack@prodigy.net) and tell her Nancy sent you. I'm working on my 2nd Myrna drawing!
The Sketchbook bugaboo.
Thanks to the influence of Myrna and my recent workshops, I'm trying again to carry - no make that draw in - my sketchbooks. I carry them everywhere now. I've put a small Moleskin (3 1/2 x 5 1/2) in my purse, filled one of my Mexican bags to leave in the car, with an Aquabee 6 x 9 with all the other supplies, small palette, water, brushes. (Most of these items can be purchased through Dick Blick and you can click on the icon on the right side of my blog to look for these sketchbooks.) This summer I even purchased a special folding chair and table to carry with me to stop and paint a scene somewhere. I never slowed down long enough to take the chair out much less sketch a scene and most of the time I was scurrying to find some air conditioning. I have a small Borders journal type that I keep by my kitchen chair to cut out pictures and glue in and make a fast little drawing about an ad or an interesting photo...like faces of Barry Corbin or Willie Nelson or girls with flowers in their hair. I have several 9 x 12 Canson all media sketchbooks I take on trips and glue in mementos, draw and paint in. When on travel, before blogging, I'd go back to the "dwelling" and work in my journal...now it's take your laptop and blog. So with all that said, I have a new resolve to try and sketch in my journal more and we'll all meet at Myrna's for sharing and encouragement.
She recommends a book to help us, Experimental Drawing, and you can read about it by clicking on my Amazon link on the right.
Also, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Myrna for her wins with the San Diego Watercolor Society and the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society Annual.
To read about it: http://myrnawacknov.blogspot.com/2007/10/1st-place-award.html

Other blogs where I post:

http://artistfoodnetwork.blogspot.com

http://canvasbycanvas.blogspot.com

http://myspace.com/nancystandlee

TO VIEW MORE PAINTINGS OR PURCHASE: Go to Paypal on http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com

Eat Well ~ Paint Your Food ~ Laugh Often


1 comment:

Margie Whittington said...

Congratulation, Nancy. I think her creative journal is super! Thanks for sharing it and getting me in on this exciting blog.
mw