Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, October 26, 2007

Dancer's Skirt ~ Petroleum Club Show ~ Acrylic ~ Blog

$64.00
8" x 8" Acrylic on canvas panel (Maybe I should title her Dancing Lady)

This was started in the Robert Burridge workshop in Mendocino, drawn and painted from a live model and I've finished it since I retuned home.
Our CBC group felt like dancing ladies last night as we had a spectacular opening at the Petroleum Club in Fort Worth. See the slide show below. We were on the 40th floor, overlooking the city and 17 of our paintings in a beautiful setting. The Petroleum Club of Fort Worth is one of the city's oldest and most distinguished private clubs and it symbolizes how Texans view themselves: Texas bold, Texas proud, Texas unique.
We sold http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/Texas_Cactus.html and http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/R1_Old_Red.html
A few sales really helped put us in the dancing mood.

Brian Plotkin from Gamut Control was there. He is a representative from Gamut who is representing us in reproduction and marketing our art worldwide.
Thanks to all of our friends and patrons who attended. It was a wonderful time. All 11 of us were there but we never were still enough to get a group photo. Maybe next year. Thanks to the Petroleum Club for hosting us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece!

paul west said...

Hi Nancy, I am Donald Cobb a watercolor artist from Shreveport, La. I have just become a member of Blogger.com a week ago. I love your colorful loose artworks. Checkout my blog. Can you send me a comment so I can see if my comment box works now? Thanks

paul west said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my work and Thanks for letting me find out my comment box works now. What will your collabrative group do with the reproductions? What kind of reproductions?