Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, August 22, 2009

"The Only Game in Town" ~ Acrylic Figurative ~ My Web Site

"The Only Game in Town"

24 x 12"
Acrylic on canvas

This is one of the 9 pieces scheduled to be shown at the Fort Worth Preservation is the Art of the City show in September. The link will give dates and details.
If you take the American Art Collector magazine, look on page 103 as the Daily Painters Abstract Gallery has a full page ad and you can see a thumbnail of my painting, "Shop Talking".
The collaborative group I'm a member of, Canvas by Canvas, has their great red truck painting on the top row. Kimberly Conrad of Centennial, Co. has invited us to join her blog, Daily Painters Abstract Gallery, and this is one of her marketing ideas. Other Canvas by Canvas members who have joined the gallery are Connie Michael, Maryann Stephens, Betty Taylor, and Margie Whittington. We are planning on submitting more work in future issues which as brought up a problem.
My Web Site: Nancy Standlee
It has needed a major overhaul for some time as work and events change. I have been dreading it as my memory had become a little foggy on the best way to handle it. For the past two days I've devoted most of the day and evening trying to update my site and work out the bugs I create. I use Yahoo SiteBuilder and armed with the Yahoo!SiteBuilder for Dummies book I have updated my web site. And yes it took a few calls to our web site designer for CBC, Betty Taylor and Yahoo has a great suppost group to call for help. But I've got my pages saved and have added some new work but some pages are still under construction but it won't be long before I fill them up. Please take a look and let me know if you find an error or a bad link. I tried something new (for me) I found on Robert Burridge's site and I used it on the "Friends and Lovers" paintings, once you click on a large painting it will take you to the next painting without going to the forward arrow. I still have to add meta tags and page properties but I've a good start for all of those viewers checking out my web site after seeing the American Art Collector ad. Get your magnifying glass out and see if you can find my name in the ad.

Nancy Standlee
a Texas Daily Painter &
member of Canvas by Canvas
Texas Collaborative Artists

2 comments:

pacman said...

Brilliant post.. I follow your blog for quite a long time and should tell that your articles always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks for the comment, Bucket Trucks.