Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Candy Corn Dreams" ~ Acrylic Figurative with Birds ~ Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Candy Corn Dreams"

10" w x 12" ht.
Acrylic on paper
Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

O.K. you say "About this title?" - is it the color or shape or the season? Or am I Halloween candy corn hungry? It could be all of the above.
I've found that candy makers consider some of the same principles that artists think about. Watch this delightful YouTube video on the making of Candy Corn and listen for the statements about color, shape and texture (or mouth feel in this case).
YouTube Video
Do you have a favorite Candy Corn story? I have a friend who buys Candy Corn on sale the day after Halloween and freezes it for the year ahead. Now that's loving Candy Corn.

This could be a "Lylas" with birds or on steroids (I just had to say that). More "Lylas" Love You Like a Sister can be found on my web site HERE -
http://nancystandlee.com/Lylas.html


Please visit my website and comment on my blog.
Find me on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

BLOG.............Nancy Standlee Art Blog

WEB SITE ........Nancy Standlee

WEB SITE ........Canvas By Canvas


Other blogs where I post:

Daily Painters of Texas

Daily Abstract Painters Gallery

Daily Painters Marketplace



TEXAS CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONIST FINE ART DAILY PAINTER
NANCY STANDLEE ARLINGTON, TEXAS ART FOR SALE ACRYLIC

No comments: