Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Painting ~ "Cross Traffic Does Not Stop" 11027 ~ by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Cross Traffic Does Not Stop"
20x20x1.5 acrylic abstract on canvas

See the previous two blog posts about the naming of these paintings.
One of my favorite Picasso quotes is "I begin with an ideaa and then it becomes something else".
This began as an abstract in a Robert Burridge workshop so naturally I had to name it "Chill Out in Paris" because of his music choices but never finished the painting. Last week I worked on it again in the Dallas workshop with Cheryl McClure and it has been changed again into "Cross Traffic".

That's one of the wonderful qualities of working with acrylic paint - changing your mind.
This week I have joined Daily Paintworks so check out my bio and gallery HERE. I will be adding paintings often. One of the great features David Marine has incorporated into the gallery is the zoom feature. After you select a painting (click on it) then by mousing over you can see the texture and color in great detail. I think you'll like that feature when you want to see paintings close up.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS


No comments: