Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Polka-dot Roses Painting, Acrylic Abstract Floral Drip by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

"Polka-dot Roses" 12061
36"x12"x2" acrylic mixed media on Ampersand Gessobord

I've been with about 20 other happy artists for a 4 day workshop in Granbury, TX at the LGAA with instructor artist, Carolyn Riegelman from Denton. The above painting is one of my favorites from several I finished at the workshop (some were starts from a previous workshop). My photography does not do this one justice as there is a lot of depth with the many layers of drips, splashes and graphic lines. The workshop title was "Acrylic/Texture Abstract" and we used some venetian plaster for our texture. I will post more photos and paintings from the workshop in the coming posts.

The Shanley House Gallery is hosting the Design on Wine, Wine Walk Show for the month with some great wine art paintings. I have two pieces in the show, one in the gift shop and one palette knife sold at the Thursday night auction. All this is in conjunction with the 3rd annual Granbury Wine Walk.

An upcoming workshop with Carol Nelson is filling up fast so contact Diana Littlejohn at the LGAA site if you are interested in attending. 

There is an ongoing collage show of some of my torn paper and painted paper paintings are at the FWCAC  click HERE for more information.

I have about 40 pieces in the Old Post Office Museum and Art Center show along with the group I paint collaboratively with, Canvas by Canvas. Call for opening times. 

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, CAROLYN RIEGELMAN, CAROL NELSON, OLD POST OFFICE MUSEUM AND ART CENTER, LAKE GRANBURY ART ASSOCIATION. ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, DAILY PAINTERS ABSTRACT GALLERY, PINTEREST

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest
 


6 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Nancy, this is so so pretty! I love all the bright green coming through...and those flowers just pop!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Lisa there were so much fun to experiment with and there are two more to post in different sizes.

Vickie said...

Ah, this one is just beautiful Nancy, I love following your journey. I also love the size of it as well...terrific colors!
So very glad I found your site.
Take Care, Vickie

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Vickie.. I like this size also and have several other panels in this configuration so will probably do something similar with them.

Connie Michael said...

Love this painting and the funny blog, too. Pie-rollie. Yep, I can hear you now!

Nancy Standlee said...

Connie thanks for the comment..think it was supposed to be on the next post but yes, I know you can hear me saying Pie-rollie..