Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Apple Daily Paintworks Challenge Painting byTexas Contemporary Artist Nancy Standlee

"I'm Off to the Gala. Don't Wait Up"
8"x 8" oil painting on gesso board ready to frame

I have an online gallery at Daily Paintworks, click HERE, and each week some artist will issue a challenge to paint a subject and anyone can contribute a painting. See the current challenges HERE. Recently, Carol Marine issued a "pare your apple challenge", draw off the apple and divide it into areas of color before painting. This is my entry and in my setup I used one of the handmade batik napkins I made in the 80's? Anyway it was a long time ago and they are hiding in a drawer because I rarely use a cloth napkin anymore. During the many dips in a dye bath I'd add a square of white muslin to help keep a record of the colors used. I ended up with a lovely assortment of napkins. Now the colorful squares are oils painted on a gesso board panel and today I'm framing it for the Graham show.

I found out that my Green Apples won Best of Show for the CFAI March challenge. Click HERE to see the painting. It is in a private collection. And good news non-members can contribute their paintings in this monthly challenge. The April challenge is "All Things".

Shows:
My hand painted paper and torn paper collages have been delivered to the FWCAC in Fort Worth, TX., for a show that runs from April 6 to to June 29, 2012. There will be 14 pieces in the show in the Cafe. Click HERE for more details.

I paint with a group of 8 collaborative artists, Canvas by Canvas, and we are preparing for a show "A Few of our Favorite Things", at the Old Post Office Museum in Graham TX in April and May. Each of the artists are also showing some of their personal work along with some new collaborative pieces. A reception will be held Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM and everyone is invited. The exhibit runs from April 16-May 18, 2012. The Old Post Office Museum and Art Center is at 500 3rd St, Graham, TX 76450, telephone 940 549-1470 and website http://www.opomac.net.

You are invited to view the art at these locations, join a challenge or comment on the blog post. Have a great April and I appreciate the ones who subscribe to and read this blog.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, APPLE OIL PAINTING,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: