Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, April 20, 2012

Robert Burridge Workshop, Arlington, TX ~ Carol's Valentine Roses Acrylic Still Life Painting ~ by Texas Contemporary Painter Nancy Standlee


"Carol's Valentine Roses" SOLD 

 12x12 acrylic still life on gallery wrapped canvas

I know my last 2 posts were about an oil painting workshop at my friend Dena's ranch but when my favorite painting duo California couple is in town I just have to go. Robert and Kate Burridge are in Arlington at the Upstairs Gallery giving two 3 day sessions in aqua media (watercolor and acrylic) and I've attended the first three days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Bob and his pears

I've painted some pears along with Bob but the above painting is a commission for a friend from my Tarleton State College (University) days in Stephenville, TX. Carol's Valentine Roses.. A hint to the other Purple Poo readers from the 50's. You will know this family as he was our cheerleader and Carol is his beautiful wife.

This was my 12th Robert Burridge workshop. I've been hooked since I saw his coffee cups on the cover of a Cheap Joe's catalog years ago. I took my first workshop with him in 2006 at Dena's ranch and I've learned something in every one of them, met some great friends, and practiced painting. To see a new video of him in a Tucson abstract acrylic and collage workshop click HERE.

On his website there are two new DVD's that came out in November that I've added to my collection, Abstract Painting and Collage and Painting Abstract Landscapes and Trees. If you can't get to a workshop, studying along with Bob in one of his DVD's is the next best thing.

As an added bonus in the workshop, 4 other Canvas by Canvas members were in the first session, Maryann Stephens, Barbara Hackney, Elizabeth "Betty" Taylor, and Margie Whittington. There wasn't much visiting going during our painting time but we enjoyed great lunches and made last minute plans for our big Sunday reception. Our show "A Few of Our Favorite Things" features new works by Canvas by Canvas and selections from our individual work. I have about 40 personal pieces in the show.
Canvas by Canvas Reception, Sunday, April 22, 2-4, Graham, TX. Click HERE for more info.

There is a big Main Street Art Show this weekend in Fort Worth that I need to go to and check it out HERE.

My torn paper and painted paper collages are in a show at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center Cafe until June 29, 2012. Click HERE for directions and more info.

If you are a Daily Painter needing small custom made frames with free shipping check out the new division of Franken Frames, Daily Painters Frames. Tell Roger what you need and he will make it for you.

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, DAILY PAINTWORKS. ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, DAILY PAINTERS ABSTRACT GALLERY, PINTEREST, ROBERT BURRIDGE WORKSHOPS, DAILY PAINTER'S FRAMES, WENMOHS RANCH, CANVAS BY CANVAS,


BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Maggie Ruley said...

Great floral Painting! Loose, lush and expressive.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Maggie for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate it.