Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cinderella's Cupcake 12089, a torn painted paper collage painting and Published in Painting with Mixed Media by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Cinderella's Cupcake 12089
8x8x3/4" on gallery wrapped canvas
a hand painted and torn paper collage mixed media painting

See at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks
There is a nice perk now at Daily Paintworks. If you purchase a painting you have 4 chances in 30 days to win a featured artists painting. Check out the Artist Spotlight and Giveaway icon. 

The blue background behind the strawberry is acrylic paint the rest is painted and found papers I collaged and some text that says Fairy Godmother and Cinderella from a children's book. Here is a photo of the papers spread out in color sections getting ready to start gluing on the painted image. The paper on left, brown diamonds and metallic goes around the outside edges. Some of the stripes on the cup are metallic paints.

The work table.
I'm Published!
I felt a little like Cinderella yesterday when I received my copy of Painting with Mixed Media , Guhin and Greenman. I have 3 paintings included. 
 This "Frida" image was from an art journaling workshop I taught. Read more about it HERE and I taught the this particular Love Your Life art journaling workshop at the Wenmohs Ranch.

 The Texas Cactus is an oil pastel and you can read more about it HERE and also see some of the hand painted metallic papers used in the cupcake and it is available HERE on Daily Paintworks.
The figure "Jessie" is truly mixed media with watercolor, charcoal, acrylic and collage with a little gold gesso in the mix. The photo is from a model from the Liz Hill workshop in Houston where I learned some of these mixed media techniques and the painting is in my private collection.

I probably should have hired a professional photographer for this head shot instead of using my FlexPod tripod and a timer or at least I should have cleaned off my kitchen counter..oh, well, maybe next time or not?

Here is the Amazon link for the book HERE

The publisher, Stackpole Books HERE

One of the author's blogs, Paula Guhin Mixed Media Manic HERE

I hope you enjoy the book and try out a technique or two and email me if you have any questions about collaging a cupcake. They are fun and easy to do. 
I will be at the HEB grocery store on July 7, 2012 from 12-4 with some of the cupcake collages and working on one in progress (or eating one) this is a wonderful, brand new store. This HEB store is in Granbury, TX. Click HERE for more info about the store.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER CUPCAKE COLLAGE


BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: