Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, November 9, 2012

Russell Farm Art Center Barn, 12143, Small Plein Air Oil Painting, by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee





Russell Art Farm Barm, 12143
oil on canvas panel 6x8 in. study

I've been posting about my Sedona art experience painting plein air with Larisa Aukon recently but Sharon Markwardt invited me to paint with her group at the Russell Farm Art Center yesterday and I chose to do plein air from the porch. It is a beautiful location and quiet, but yesterday it was a little windy but some rocks kept my easel from going airborne. I wanted to paint plein air before I forgot all that Larisa had taught us. I did a preliminary sketch but I didn't put myself on a painting timer. Afterwards I even checked out a Thai restaurant in Arlington as I remembered our group painting dinner from Sedona. 

Sharon Markwardt is a professional Southwest artist who shows in Santa Fe at the Waxlander Art Gallery. It is inspirational to see what painting she is working on so if you live in the area (Burleson, TX) and want to join the group for some painting time, just know you are invited. A $5 donation to the Russel Farm Art Center is appreciated.

The Russell Farm Art Center
They are having a special Christmas Celebration with hay rides, art galleries open, lots of lights and it's all free. December 13-15 (Thurs 5-9, Fri. 5-9 and Sat 12-9) and the best news - it's all FREE.

On the next post I'll get to Day 2, painting in Jerome, AZ plein air with the workshop. 

The time is drawing near to take down the Arlington Museum of Art Show, The Community Art Showcase. I have a large collage high heel and an mixed media acrylic in the show. It comes down Nov. 15.  



TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL ARCHITECTURAL BARN,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, PLEIN AIR, RUSSELL FARM ART BARN,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

 



No comments: