Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, May 3, 2013

Admit Two, Acrylic Figurative Painting with Collage, Part 2 in the Love Your Life Art Journal , Carrie Waller Interview, Marketing Class and a Sketchbook Class by Arlington Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Admit Two 13942
14x11 in. Acrylic Figurative Impressionist Painting with Collage and Graphite

One of the last of the figurative pieces painted at the Robert Burridge workshop at the Wenmohs Ranch the first of April. This one is more mysterious and causes questions to be asked.

Carrie Roets-Waller has a blog and she has a Friday feature interviewing artists and has honored me by posting my interview with some paintings today. To read it click HERE. Carrie was interviewed on the Leslie Saeta show on Blog Talk Radio and you can hear this award winning watercolor artist HERE.http://artistshelpingartistsblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/conversation-with-crystal-cook-and.html
She is also featured in the June 2013 Watercolor Artist Magazine on page 55 with an honorable mention with her glass jar painting "Anticipation. What a beautiful painting. Congrats, Carrie and thanks again for giving me some space on your very interesting blog.

Speaking of Leslie Saeta, have you joined her free 30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days? Join 300 of us and let's sell some paintings.  Our Day Two assignment was to post an older favorite painting that is still available for sale on her blog, on Facebook with a link to where it could be purchased. I did and here is the painting and the link to Daily Paintworks. I always like an impressionist floral.



I have become obsessive about Artists sketchbook journaling again and have joined Cathy Johnson's group on Facebook, Artists Journal Workshop and I'm enjoying posting some of my journal pages.  See my website for workshop information about the June one day class I'm teaching in Dallas.
Here are some recent journal pages:
See below for Journal type, Pages 8 and 9, Some purchases, a sketch outing, a collage demo, and a Trader Joe's trip for some wine. Trader Joe says "Life is too short to drink bad wine!"
Journal Page, Page 10, 11, Strathmore Visual Journal 90 lb, 68 pages 9x12.

My new online friend, Kathie, asked about where I got my painting hat that was in a previous post causing some research and a journal entry. The stamps I found in the blue can from years ago and now it's a pencil can. If there is a personal note I will cover it with a sticky for the photo. I sketched the Maxpedition fatty pocket organizer I'm using for my backpack/purse.  See below.

Part 2 Love Your Life Supply List Detail 
Recently I posted about some favorite art journals and in this post I will discuss the best way to carry these or maybe not the best way, just the way I'm doing it at the present. When I took the recent 2 day Don Getz workshop he was using the bag that came with the Eric Michaels En Plein Air Pro. (I don't think this bag is available and he has changed the name on some of these easels. Mine is several years old). I had all of my things in a Dick Blick canvas bag and had a Michaels bag at home so removed the easel and now have put my supplies in it.The 9x12 sketchbook journals fits in it perfectly. Brenda Swenson uses a bag similar to the Blick bag she gets at Harbor Freight. I always like to have some supplies with me at all times in my backpack/purse so I'm upgraded to a Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer in a Khaki color. I've used about everything from fanny packs to zippered children's insulated lunch kits.  (The children's kits have great designs, cupcakes, peace signs).

 The Blick Canvas Bag

 The Michaels Bag filled with sketching, journal supplies

 Two views of the Maxpedition Fatty Organizer holding a 4x6 in drawing book and a small travel palette
Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Texas Daily Painter, Artist Journal, Watercolor Art Journals, Acrylic Figurative Painting, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Contemporary Fine Arts International, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Carrie Waller Interview, Leslie Saeta Marketing Class,  Check Advantage,


No comments: