Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Beach Redhead, 12122, Figure on the Beach Oil Painting, by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Beach Redhead
Oil on Fredrix panel, 6"x8", needs a frame


Who could resist taking a photo of a redhead under these fabulous colored umbrellas? When my friend Suzy Pal and I flew to Florida for a collage workshop we had to make several trips to the beach for photos and she probably has one just like this on her computer. Someone in a recent workshop asked where I get all my photos and one good source if you and your friends don't share photos is to join Wet Canvas. They have photos posted on the site to share. Sometimes if I find an internet photo I particularly like, I'll write the owner and ask permission to use it if it is very distinctive. I've written CD photographers for their permission, also. 
In the last workshop I took with Harold Frontz he gave us some sketching hints and mentioned a book we might like. I ordered it and when I got home found out I already had one. How often this happens to us or maybe it's just me because as an ex-librarian I do love my books (art books to be more specific). Amazon tries to help me out on this by saying "You purchased this book..da..da..da". The books in question are The Complete Sketch by Robert Oliver and the Sketch in Color. My goal every year is to draw and sketch some each day. I said it was my goal not saying I do it. It's a good goal. 

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL ,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, BEACH PAINTING, FIGURATIVE OIL,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest



No comments: