Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Seagull 12119, Daily Paintworks Challenge and Harold Frontz Oil Workshop by Texas Painter Nancy Standlee

Seagull, 12119
Oil on 8"x8" Ampersand Gessobord 3/4" panel
3/4" sides are left natural, no framing needed

I've been collecting interesting seagull photos for a future painting and when Carol Marine announced the Daily Paintworks Challenge I knew I wanted to participate in the "Birdbrain Challenge." This was one of the images I took to the Harold Frontz 5 day oil workshop in Dallas at the Artists Showplace. I just returned home yesterday with 5 small paintings and some with Harold's finishing hot licks. You may remember if you're a follower of this blog I had been at the Wenmohs ranch for a 3 day oil (see last blog post) and just returned home to sleep one night but left my "gallery car" loaded. One of the participants looked at my supplies being unloaded (she flew in) and remarked "You really have a lot of stuff". I do and lucky for her provided her with needed pens and gesso! 
Harold provided good handouts, demos, and he gave lots of individual attention (a patient and kind soul) and he'd paint on our work if we wanted. I don't know how long this link will stay active but here was the supply list and explanation HERE.  His website will have the 2013 workshop dates on soon and he will give a plein air in Florida I'd love to attend.
Today I picked up some paintings from the AMA and delivered two others for the coming show, The Community Art Showcase. 


 Sweet Summer Roses 15x30 acrylic mixed media

 Social Gathering 20x20 torn paper collage


TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, SEAGULL OIL PAINTING, BIRD PAINTINGS, DAILY PAINTWORKS CHALLENGE, BIRDBRAIN CHALLENGE

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: