Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, August 12, 2013

Hedi Moran Floral Still Life Workshop, Day 3, Fayetteville, Arkansas, "August Roses", Floral Oil on Canvas Panel, Art Journaling One Day Workshop by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

 August Roses 13061   SOLD
20x16 Oil on canvas panel

I was in Fayetteville, AR attending the Hedi Moran Oil Painting Still Life Workshop July 30-August 2, 2013 with the Artists of Northwest Arkansas. Hedi was there to give the workshop and judge their show at the Art Center of the Ozarks and it will be up until the end of the month. I painted the above on day 3 from Arkansas roses and this was either a snowball bush or a hydrangea bush as I got my white flowers confused. We took a break to eat at a wonderful bakery and deli, Briar Rose in Farmington. And we enjoyed it so much we showed up again the next day, Friday and I do wish I had a take out right now.
 The Class at Briar Rose

A magical bakery called Briar Rose had to have a special smaller door for our instructor Hedi Moran. I see that she got something to go. Hmmm..
Hedi has a Facebook account HERE and if you'd like to see more of her paintings go HERE to the New Masters Gallery.

Hedi has a sunflower painting on page 5 (sunflowers with a cobalt blue vase) and on page 16 roses in the book The Best of Flower Painting by Northlight, 1997. I always like to know who the instructor has taken from and Hedi took from Joyce Pike and she has a painting in the book also. I found Hedi by taking workshops from Dreama Tolle Perry and Nancy Medina. Both of them had taken workshops with Hedi and maybe more than one and I know I must take another one. See my blog post HERE to see dates and times of Hedi's next workshop.

Art Journal Workshop August 31, 2013 at the Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, TX
I will be giving a one day "Love Your Life" art journaling workshop and it's a beginner's introduction to materials, journals, travel palettes and how to get that first entry down for your daily journal entry. It will be fun and you don't have to draw so don't let that deter you. Read more about it and Sign up HERE.

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net


Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, still life, floral, oil, roses, Arkansas, workshop, Hedi Moran, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks,  Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, canvas panel, 16x20, Dreama Tolle Perry, Workshop, Check Advantage, Nancy Medina, Artists of Northwest Arkansas, art Journaling workshop, New Masters Gallery

No comments: