Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Matt, a Torn Paper Collage Portrait Painting by Texas Collage Artist, Nancy Standlee and a One Day Sketchbook Journaling Workshop.

 Matt  NFS
20x20 on gallery wrapped canvas
Torn Paper Collage

The photo was taken last Thanksgiving at my daughter's house and I glued the finishing touches on the torn paper collage today. I'll varnish later this afternoon.  Slow? Not exactly as I've used this torn paper collage in progress giving three collage demos/talks this year. There is no way anyone would sit through a whole demo of me gluing papers so I use it mostly to explain the process and glue a few pieces so I can demo the Liquitex gloss medium and varnish used in attaching the pieces. 
Matt is currently enrolled in UTA and this will go in his room if he approves. For personal collages, I add computer text of names of family members and some other personal likes. I have to chuckle when I asked him some of his "likes" he said "Candy".. well, don't we all? Matt entertains us at family celebrations with his magic tricks so I copied a King of hearts and put in the names of his favorite band on the gallery edge. 
This is a collage I'd done previously of his father and my son, Eric.

 Another son, Brad, below,  and I tell this story in my demos about asking him some personal questions trying to find out some of his "likes" and I asked, what is your favorite color, your favorite food, and your favorite song..tell me some things like this and I was expecting a whole paragraph of things he liked. Brad texted back "red, hamburger, and "For the Good Times".. I worked with what I got. lol

This one is of my daughter Dana.
Torn Paper Collage is a messy business and I tell my classes "If you are a picky housekeeper this may not be for you." Right now my kitchen is consumed with tiny bits of torn paper and I'll be picking off medium from my fingers for days but try it, you might be surprised at the results and this might become your new favorite medium.

Remember I'm teaching a one day art journaling class at the Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas. See my website for more info under workshops and sign up at the link.  

Recently I took a workshop in AR with Hedi Moran and this is one of my favorite florals I painted and it sold this week but it's staying in Texas.


Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Texas Daily Painter,torn paper paintings, collage, paper paintings, portrait collage, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks,  Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, gallery wrapped canvas, Square Painting,  Check Advantage,

No comments: