Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, September 6, 2013

Torn Paper Collage, Whitney 13076 (start) Day 6, 30 Paintings in 30 Days September 2013 Leslie Saeta Challenge, ArtByte on Collage by Texas Collage Artist Nancy Standlee



Whitney 13076
Torn Paper Collage Painting 20x16 on gallery wrapped canvas
Collage Commission first steps

To see work by other artists who are following along with the 30/30 go to the Leslie Saeta blog

 If you are following along with this blog you are aware that I am trying to post paintings all the month of September and I warned that you would be getting lots of mail in your inbox. Some of you have unsubscribed and I hate that but I'm also picking up some new subscriptions. Stay with me and I promise fewer posts in October.
I'm calling this a collage? And not a piece of paper glued on it? Well, this is the first stages for this torn paper collage commission after drawing it off. A Texas art collector wants a portrait collage from a beautiful photograph of her daughter and her horse and it is a great subject and composition. Who wouldn't want to attempt this?
 I've painted with acrylics with a thin, foundational layer of paint, rather loosely with little detail and this will help me with the paper gluing road map. Come back for the next stage. I'll probably start with the blouse. It looks like fun and I won't work on the face until I get in the rhythm of gluing and my confidence builds a little and this happens on each new collage. The question each time will come in my head about can I really do this or not..not pleasant but it happens often.  Next will be to paint and design some paper to use in the blouse area. The client left it up to me to decide if I wanted to do magazine papers or hand painted papers and since she wanted to use colors similar to what were in the photo, I've decided to go with painting my own papers. 
I made an ArtByte about the process of torn paper collage for the Daily Paintworks site and it is being edited at the moment and will be available soon. An ArtByte is a small online tutorial that may be free or it's very affordable. Mine will be very affordable. Here is the web address and browse and download some of the free ones by Carol Marine or another favorite artist such as Julie Ford Oliver that will explain some of the tools she uses in an oil painting technique. There are several very good free ArtBytes that are filled with information. When you get to the Daily Paintworks web page, look under tutorials. Here is my online gallery at Daily Paintworks.


 Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.



Texas Daily Painter, Torn Paper Collage Painting, small paper painting, portrait collage painting, horse collage, mixed media art,  Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, gallery wrapped canvas, 16x20 Painting, Check Advantage, Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge, Carol Marine, Julie Ford Oliver, ArtByte,