Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ladylike Class, 12077, a torn paper collage painting ~ One Day Torn Paper Collage Workshop June 2, 2012 Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas TX by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

Ladylike Class, 12077 
a torn paper collage painting, 12x12x1 5/8"  on American Easel Wood Panel


ONE DAY COLLAGE WORKSHOP, JUNE 2

I've just finished the torn paper collage painting yesterday to display during my one day workshop at the Dutch Art Gallery. I wanted to show an alternative to a canvas support. The above painting is on an American Easel Wood Panel and the collage is made from recycled magazines and an old letter, a hidden message on the heel "stiletto", find "Santa Fe" on a map scrap, and "Readin" is near the top (a throw back to my previous life as an elementary librarian. Part of the fun of a collage is tucking hidden messages for others to find that may or may not have a meaning. 

Read about the Saturday Summer Workshops at the Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, TX HERE: 
or click on the Dutch Art Gallery, top right photo on my blog list. This online magazine lists the Saturday Summer Workshops given by a group of Texas Artists who have been organized by Laurie Pace. She is working with Pam Massar at the Dutch Art Gallery to give these instructors and students a place for a short workshop experience this summer.
The announcement magazine can be found HERE also. Registration can be done by emailing Pam at Dutchart1@aol.com or call 214 348-7350.
At the end of each of  the 12 class descriptions there is a light blue link and click to read the supply list for the one day class. Read about the  art workshops and find one that's been designed for you. 
In my class, we will all work on a high heel. I will supply the reference photo and will instruct on how to get the image transferred to your canvas. No art experience is necessary. Sign up to learn the basic collage techniques of torn paper painting.

Door Prizes:
When I give a workshop, I love to have a few door prizes to give to my students (to wake them up when they nod off or get on their cell phones). Oil painter and art teacher, Peggi Kroll Roberts, has donated some DVD's for door prizes. I have her DVD's and they are fabulous, fun instruction and I've taken two workshops with her this year. Thank you, Peggi, for helping me keep my class awake!!

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER  COLLAGE WORKSHOP, HIGH HEEL COLLAGE PAINTING


BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: