Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Orchid Series, Blue Square 12069, Mixed Media Abstract Acrylic Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Orchid Series with a Blue Square, 12069
10x10 x 7/8 in. depth wood cradle

This series of paintings have been experiments with orchids, purples, blues with orange and red highlights, small paintings that used a Venetian Plaster foundation on canvas and board. I like working on the above foundation on American Easel Birchwood because you can work thick with the texture without danger of the pieces cracking or falling off. Click HERE to read a description about the wood cradles at Dick Blick. I also like the Ampersand Gessobords HERE.

Here are two other paintings in the series that are on my Daily Paintworks gallery.



Kimbell Museum reminder:
The Age of Impressionism exhibit will be up until June 17. Click HERE for more info. I went on Friday and saw paintings I've only read about in books and it was such a treat to see them up as close as I dared with the security guards making sure your nose didn't invade the painting space. 

My friend Carol Nelson, Colorado will be in Texas:
Carol Nelson will be at the LGAA the last of May for her Experimental Acrylic Class and the last I heard there was a spot open. My first workshop with Carol I flew to Denver to take a 2 day then she was in Granbury last year and now this is a 4 day and it will be filled with new and exciting acrylic techniques. She is also teaching at the Artists Showplace in Dallas in October so if you need some new touches to your paintings, join Carol. 

Program:
Collage Talk and Demo, May 14, 2012 7:00
I will give a lecture  and demo on a high heel shoe part of the process.of using torn paper, found, and hand painted paper in the collage process I use in my portraits, animals, and still life collages.
At the Lake Granbury Art Association, Granbury, TX


EXHIBITS:
Just a few more days to see the wine painting exhibit at the LGAA or the exhibit at the OPOMAC in Graham, TX. I have 14 collages on exhibit at the FWCAC until June 28.

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, DAILY PAINTERS ABSTRACT GALLERY, PINTEREST

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest




3 comments:

Fred Spratt said...

These paintings are beautiful! I love the textures and compositions. Fantastic!

Laura said...

I am so looking forward to meeting you this Monday night!! I love your art! Laura

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Fred and Laura, be sure and say hello and thanks to you both for your comments.