Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, May 4, 2012

Rooster Torn and Hand Painted Paper Collage Painting by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

Run to Me Little Chicks. I Will Feed You. 12065
12x12x1.5 torn paper and hand painted paper collage painting on gallery wrapped canvas

(The title came from text from a vintage children's book).

I've completed this rooster collage painting this week for the FWCAC show in Fort Worth. I've sold 4 collage paintings from the show and needed to cover a bare spot. The red area is collage from my hand painted papers and the feather area is from found papers like vintage books, music sheets, or crossword puzzles. The background is a Texas map with a few postal stamps for more design. The show will be on exhibit until June 28, 2012. 

Some have asked me about the cradled Ampersand panels that I painted the Polka Dot Roses on in the last few posts. At Jerry's Artarama you can get them in flat panels, 3/4", 1 1/5", and 2" depth. Here is what my 3 foot long one looked like below. I haven't painted the edges yet and you can see a big drip on the side. Sometimes I like to stain with a light walnut but with the background being so dark I feel like maybe it would look better to paint in a dark color also. 

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER ROOSTER COLLAGE

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest


7 comments:

Connie Michael said...

Nancy, today I was talking with a friend who went yesterday to see the show at FWCAC. She mentioned your torn paper collage and was so impressed. A new fan!

Vickie said...

Awesome rooster...and thanks so much for sharing the photo of the cradled board...now I understand. I was not thinking that at all. Somehow I was thinking that it was a frame that you sat the canvas inside of. Thanks Vickie

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks for the comment, Connie, and so nice to see you at the reception last night at the FWCAC. It's always nice to meet up and "art talk".

And to Vickie, thanks..glad you could benefit from the cradle info. They are heavy but I love the presentation.

Emily Kiddy said...

Hi Nancy, I have just discover you blog today and what a beautiful find. Your work is lovely I'm glad to be your latest follower and look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Emily Kiddy said...

Hi Nancy, I have just discover you blog today and what a beautiful find. Your work is lovely I'm glad to be your latest follower and look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks so much Emily for taking the time to comment.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Emily I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.