Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's O.K. to Be Different 13009, Pear Oil Painting, Leslie Saeta Day 9 of the 30/30 Challenge by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

It's O.K. to Be Different 13009
 6x6 on Ampersand Gessobord, original oil
$75

 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 9 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)


I spent a lot of time selecting just the right colored and shaped pears and stems at H.E.B. in Granbury TX while picking up some paintings. It was raining and I was in a hurry to get back home and didn't pay much attention how they were handled by the checker or by me and I found it necessary to make some "pear stem splints" before photographing the still life set up. I don't think it strange at all to select fruit by the shape of the stem or coloring, how about you? 
The very colorful polka dot paper they are on is an old piece of wrapping paper, well really a gift bag that I pulled apart and spread out. Now this gives me an idea and when I'm in the Dollar Stores I will be checking out their bags - not for gift giving but how it will look flattened out and used in a still life composition.
I got a small order in yesterday from Dick Blick and it included this Kemper wipe out tool which I like to use for signing my paintings, had one but lost it and feel like it will turn up one day somewhere in this house.  I agree I could use a stick to sign my paintings but for some items I want to use them for what they were made for and no substitutions besides it has a coolness factor and makes my signature or initials readable.
Let me say thank you to all the ones who are making comments on my blog, Facebook, and Daily Paintworks because I really appreciate your support. For the month of January I'm also taking Leslie's WebinArt class and working on a new website for one thing. Several have mentioned that these paintings are fun, make them smile or joyful. I think I may use that in my description "Joyful Art", what do you think?

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, PEAR OIL PAINTING, SMALL PEAR PAINTING

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: