Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, January 11, 2013

Rooster in the House 13010, Rooster Oil Painting, Palette Knife and Water Soluble Oil, 30/30 Leslie Saeta Challenge, by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Rooster in the House 13010
8x6 on canvas panel, original oil
$80
 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 10 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)


On yesterday's challenge entries Leslie and Kay Wyne both had posted roosters and I love painting roosters because you can use some extreme colors. See some of my rooster collages HERE and I have some in watercolor HERE. Day 10 means I'm 1/3 of the way home participating in this challenge. This is my first challenge like this and first time working with water soluble oils.
Other artists ask what do I think of them and I haven't had that much experience in oils to give a reasonable opinion. I am using the palette knife a lot and when I do use a brush I like washing my brush in water. I think they would be wonderful for travel.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL ROOSTER PAINTING,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, ROOSTER OIL PAINTING, LESLIE SAETA CHALLENGE

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love painting with knives also. Love the rooster!

Suzy Pal Powell said...

Love him.