Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flower Flurries 13015, Oil Floral, Day 15 of the Leslie Saeta Challenge by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Flower Flurries 13015
8x6 on canvas panel, original oil
$80

 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 15 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)

I painted the above with water soluble oils and a palette knife after inspiration from an acrylic floral commission for a Tarleton friend. Read about it HERE.
Now about that title. Yesterday morning about 5 A.M. I woke up to a booming clap of thunder that was so unnerving I jut got up, texted the grands at UTA to get out their rain gear, and waited for the deluge that didn't come.  I didn't look outside until it got light and the sight made me talk to myself..out loud...to see snow on the ground. What a snowy surprise and the correct terminology is "thunder snow", a new one on me. 

I expect you to see more floral paintings similar to this one as it looks happy but without the thunder. Day 15 means we're half finished and this has been a big learning experience and a lesson on time management and but also just a little stressful if you haven't finished the painting early in the day. If I'm wanting to watch Homeland or Person of Interest and I have to go paint, not fun but if I'm watching knowing my painting for tomorrow is done, now that is fun. I expected to be more secure in my painting by now but each time to step in front of the easel there is always a small thought...what if I forgot how?

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, LESLIE SAETA, FLORAL OIL, PALETTE KNIFE, WATER SOLUBLE OILS, WATER MIXABLE OILS,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: