Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stetson 2 ~ Runner Up ~ Journal Pages ~ CBC


8" x 8" Acrylic on Canvas Stetson Hat for a CBC Project
Sometime this week we will have a painting in our sneak peek area showing our newest flag project designed by Cindy Y and this is the square I painted this afternoon at a special Canvas by Canvas meeting. All 9 of us were in attendance to show support and strength for a few bumps in the road heading our way this week and how wonderful to spend our time painting to lift some burdens. We spent our time laughing, painting, and planning the paintings for Monday and always taking photos. See the slide show at the end of the post and I'll write more about my Mudd backpack later.
Runner up:
I posted some time ago about entering a painting in a contest presented by Watercolor Artist in their Creativity Workshop. Sarah Strickley notified me that the June entries broke all records and that my entry was a runner up. You can read about the contest here.
More Journal Pages from my Canson Montval All Media 9 x 12 journal.
Home from the Burridge workshop, overweight and house a wreck, art supplies in every room, so cook up some pintos, meet my girlfriends for an IHOP breakfast and see a chick flick. Let's ease back into the routine.
Our Canvas by Canvas show at the Upstairs Gallery. I find I glue a lot in my journals then they resemble scrapbooks then come the photos.
OK.. get with the program and start cleaning and straightening before painting. Something is always lost, an emergency and how best to tackle the diet deal and a bloody movie.
I'd rather be painting, dancing, or at the computer. I'm missing my friends and trying to count some carbs...hello, friends, I miss you. My life of cleaning is the pits, fortunately this phase will probably be short and sweet.
Here is the slide show from today - just girl friends hanging out.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.