Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Coffee, Thanks" 11024 ~ Torn Paper Collage Painting ~ by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Coffee, Thanks"
10" x 10" on gallery wrapped canvas

I'm preparing some demo examples for a collage class to present to some of the Canvas by Canvas members and while I had all the magazines out I just started gluing some of the more colorful pieces down using my favorite yellow coffee mug as a guide. This is one of the more intensely colored torn collages I've done. I think it's a little easier to work with black and white images.
I've rejoined the Artists of Texas and you can see a slide show of some of my images HERE where you can search by last name or by city, Arlington.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING

BLOG Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE Canvas by Canvas

Contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

12 comments:

Suzy Pal Powell said...

awesome Nancy! but in my opinion the b/w eats my lunch! i do better w color....i love this!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thank you Suzy.. every time I start out I think I've forgotten how and then in the middle sometimes it just looks sooo wrong.

Eva said...

I like both of your coffee cups. BW and color, but color is the first thing that notice about all of your art. It is really your cup of tea :O)

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Eva for your opinion. I really like to use color so this was a new collage experience with the magazine pages. I've used more color in my painted paper pieces.

Kay Smith said...

Nancy, I love all your work, but have to say this more vividly colored coffee cup wins hands down!

Nancy Standlee said...

Kay thanks for the comment as I find it interesting as to the use of color. Maybe I'll have to try a watermelon next!! You know I was the Peach and watermelon queen in De Leon back in the 50's!! so they are dear to my heart.

Carol Nelson said...

You are just having a blast with this torn paper thing. Very cool effects.
I made one painting with newsprint in the background and noticed I had an ad for erectile dysfunction in it!
LOL I left it in there.

Nancy Standlee said...

Carol..how funny. I probably would leave it in there also..signs of the times and a great conversation starter.. hey would you like to buy a painting..let me tell you about it..
Did you notice my numbering system..just started..wonder how long I will continue..thanks to you.

Suzy Pal Powell said...

too funny Carol! and what numbering system Nancy? i had mine listed in the order i did them, but have slacked off on that!

Nancy Standlee said...

In the workshop, Carol was telling us about her inventory system for ex. 2011 use 11000 and start out at the beginning of the year with 11001 I counted back and this was 11024.. one or two in there I'll probably never post but they are counted anyway..now if I can continue with the program. I've tried card files, notebooks, etc. even downloaded a software program which I don't use.

Ntxwriter said...

I love your coffee cup collage. I live in Arlington too and am just getting started in collages. Do you think you'd ever do a class in Arlington someplace?

Nancy Standlee said...

Joan, I'm thinking about getting a class together later in the summer..will post it on my blog. Thanks for your interest