Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Torn Paper Collage, Roving Happy Bird 13069, Painted Paper Collage Painting SOLD, Day 1, 30 Paintings in 30 Days September 2013 Leslie Saeta Challenge by Texas Collage Artist Nancy Standlee

Roving Happy Bird 13069 SOLD
Torn Paper Collage with some Hand Painted Papers on Texas Map

To my subscribers a warning.... watch for a lot of mail in your inbox this month and I hope I don't lose you but I'm joining about 300? other artists in a painting challenge for the month of September on Leslie Saeta's blog 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. Today is Day ONE so we have 29 more. Will I make a painting a day? That is my goal but if I don't that's O.K. also but for the first few posts I will be working on some collages that I've wanted to try. 
The Happy Bird above has a 1953 Texas Map by Humble that came from my parents estate and before GPS and Google maps. Daddy would drive and Mom would navigate to see her sister in Austin and I enjoyed seeing some hand written notations on the map. 
Several people have been interested in my technique for making the torn paper collages and I'm working on an online lesson of techniques that can be downloaded to follow along. More to come on that process. For now I need to go tear some more paper for tomorrows post. See you then. 
I had a small one day art journaling workshop yesterday at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas and here is a photo of Ann and Sheryl working in their journals and my spot is covered with examples, journals, and books and lots of palettes and salt shakers.. (we drew them). 
Below are two pages from the Stillman & Birns hardback Beta that I was experimenting with and the rooster... well there were a lot of roosters hanging in the gallery for inspiration. I would really have to cut back on examples if I couldn't drive to give a workshop as my car was loaded. Thanks to Dick Blick, Strathmore papers, Stillman and Birn and Cheap Joes I had some wonderful door prizes to give away. 




Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.



Texas Daily Painter, Torn Paper Collage Painting, small paper painting, square format, bird collage,  mixed media art,  Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, gallery wrapped canvas, Square Painting, Check Advantage, Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge,

14 comments:

Annette said...

wish I would have been there to play and visit. ox

Cindy Williams said...

I love the bird collage Nancy, what a wonderful idea!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Cindy and get ready for more collages.. try one - they are fun.

Patricia Awapara said...

Hello Nancy, I found you through Leslie page. Wonderful collage! Very creative.
Best wishes,
Pati

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Annette.. wish you could have also and Pati thanks..see you at Leslie's.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a sweet collage, Nancy!!!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Sue and with an Austin map it is headed back to Austin.

Dan Kent said...

This collage is stunningly beautiful!!

Sheila said...

This is so pretty! Just love it!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You add your special touch to whatever you do Nancy. The collage is great.

Joan Princing Art said...

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for stopping by my blog to let me know that you will be offering online lessons regarding the paper collage techniques! I am very excited about this.

I love your paper collages. This little bird is adorable.

I just posted my first 30 in 30 painting, too. (Keep in mind -- I'm an 'art newbie'.)

Joan

Easel Travels said...

Oh Nancy,, I have always loved your collages!! They are so much fun and Expressive! I would loved to have have been there Sat too. Nice to see you in the 30 in 30 challenge

Easel Travels said...

Oh Nancy, I have always admired your collages. They are magical and inspiring! wished I could have been there sat too! Glad to see you in the 30 in 30 challenge.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Dan and Shelia, Julie and Joan, Kelly and good luck to all of you in the 30/30. My ArtByte will be available soon on the Daily Paintworks site as its being edited at the moment. If you want to check out what they are Julie Ford Oliver has one for sale and a free one...http://dailypaintworks.com/ArtTutorials/ArtByteStore