Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Boots ~ Arlington Vibe ~ Granbury Live Theater by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Nancy's Boots"
8" Acrylic on Canvas (sold)

This is my painting square for a recent Canvas by Canvas commission in the style of Southern Comfort. It has not been added to our CBC website yet. These are my red boots that are dusted off on special occasions and I've always enjoyed painting them. This next week will find me painting a boot section for a CBC California client.

Maybe I could wear these boots Friday afternoon at Grandbury Live. I belong to LGAA (Lake Granbury Art Association) and they promote a last Friday Gallery night. Friday, Aug. 27th, I am the featured artist that will be at Granbury Live from 5-8 with a paint - collage demonstration. I will have the Longhorn collage on display and will be working on a donkey and will have a journal on display. Stop by and say hello if you're in the neighborhood.

You can see and read more about the Longhorn on the Arlington Vibe page and read about an upcoming art workshop. LinkI met Billy at the All Girls show at the F6 Gallery in April when I was exhibiting. He interviews and writes about people around town and promotes Arlington art. Some of the topics he has covered are UTA faculty and students, Lamar High School, and individual artists. Thanks Billy for the interview. Comments are welcomed on the Vibe site.

Workshops: (teaching and taking)
I will be taking Donna Watson from the SWA group in October 20-22. I want to add more to my abstract painting style. Contact Carolyn Jehring if you'd like more information.
I will be teaching a 3 day art journaling workshop in November at the Upstairs Gallery. More on that to come. It will be the "Love Your Life" 3 day class where we will record some of our daily activities in a journal and you do not have to have an artist background, writing or drawing experience. I'll even let you draw and paint my boots.

Please visit my web site and comment on my blog:

BLOG.............Nancy Standlee Art Blog

WEB SITE ........Nancy Standlee

WEB SITE ........Canvas By Canvas


ARLINGTON TEXAS ~ ARTIST NANCY STANDLEE ~ DAILY PAINTER ~
CONTEMPORARY ~ WATERCOLOR ~ ACRYLIC ~ COLLAGE ~ GOUACHE
ABSTRACT ~ EXPRESSIONIST ~ ART FOR SALE ~ FIGURATIVE ~ MIXED MEDIA ~ ALTERED BOOKS

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Art Journaling Workshop “Love Your Life” with Nancy Standlee

Three Day November 6-8, 2010 Saturday, Sunday, Monday 9:30 – 4:30

The Upstairs Gallery

1038 W. Abram

Arlington, TX 76013

Contact: J. T. Martin 817 277-6961 to register or

info@upstairsartgallery.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for mentioning us, and for the link back to our site. Your work and your story are wonderful -- glad to be getting to know you!
-- Wendy and folks at arlingtonVIBE

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Arlington Vibe. It was a wonderful article.