Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Whoopee Tea 13030, Tazo Earl Grey Oil Painting, Day 30 of the Leslie Saeta 30 in 30 Painting Challenge by Texas Contemporary Artist Nancy Standlee

Whoopee Tea  13030
8x8 on Ampersand Gessoboard panel, original oil, Palette knife painting
Tazo Tea, Green Polka Dot Cup and a Lemon
$95

 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 30 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)

I wonder how many of the last day paintings will have celebration in the title or have had some caffeine involved somehow.  I know I've had my share of coffee and tea, early and late. While in a coffee house in Fredericksburg, I saw a T-shirt slogan that said it all "Instant human - just add coffee." Some of my friends think that way about tea and I do love my Earl Grey Tazo or is it because the purple on the box and tea bags are lavender? And lavender and a light green polka dot cup with a yellow lemon make a great color combination and throw in a spoon on a striped cloth and you have a winning composition.

Coffee cups have played a big role in my painting life and more importantly when I first saw Robert Burridge's coffee cups on the cover of a Cheap Joe's catalog. One image and I've since taken over a dozen workshops with him and one in the works at Dena's Wenmohs ranch in April. 

Raise your cup of coffee or tea and CHEERS for coming along on this journey with me. I promise you I won't post tomorrow and I will get back on my maybe once or twice a week blogging and painting schedule. 

I'm working on two new websites and I don't know which one will be permanent as I'm still in the free grace period. Maybe you could give me some hints? The one at FASO
http://nancystandlee.fineartstudioonline.com/ 
and the one at Weebly 
http://nancystandlee.weebly.com/
I will change the name of one of them to my name dot com.
Along with the 30 in 30 challenge I've also taken Leslie Saeta marketing class in January and now have a Facebook Fine Art page at https://www.facebook.com/nancystandleefineart and you are invited to LIKE my page when you are on FB. 
Thanks and I'll see you in a week or so. WHOOPEE!! I made it. ns

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, LESLIE SAETA, PALETTE KNIFE PAINTERS, POLKA DOT COFFEE CUP, TAZO TEA, LEMON,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

9 comments:

Laurie G. Miller said...

Congrats to you too! I love your style and I especially love this painting...great color!

Bruce Bingham said...

Very nice Nancy. Did you know I'm a stripe freak?

Bruce Bingham said...

Nice one Nancy, I love the stripes!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Love your palette knife work..Such color and joy. Nice blogs!!!

c.dingman said...

Great palette work. Love this.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

You really showed such nice color and TEXTURE!!!!

Elizabeth Taylor said...

Nancy, I think the FASO desgn looks the most sophisticated, but I REALLY love the widget on the side of Weebly page that allows you to scroll through multiple images. You have a tough decision - but your art looks wonderful on both web pages.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks all for the comments

David O Russell said...

You have great talent, its just fantastic.