Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Friday, March 16, 2012

Girl with Orange, Small Figurative Oil Painting by Texas Contemporary Painter Nancy Standlee

Girl with Orange
10x8 small figurative oil painting on canvas panel
painted plein air Tucson AZ

(This painting is for sale on my Daily Paintworks Gallery HERE)

I returned Thursday afternoon from a 3 day plein air figurative workshop in Tucson with Peggi Kroll Roberts with the Tucson Art Academy. This was my second workshop with Peggi but this one was all plein air. See the first studio workshop discussed on my blog post HERE. I may be past my prime for plein air. See the photo below of all the supplies set up and all these were carried on the plane, to the car, to the motel, etc, etc and included an umbrella and a little folding chair which I rarely used.
I don't remember which day this was painted but it was one of my better efforts. I have lots of starts that I will finish in the comfort of my studio out of the hot Tucson sun. The first day we painted in the plaza at the art academy and the next two days we were invited to paint in the lovely garden of one of the students. Some of these little paintings will have some flowers but this one I decided on a more simple look. 
I did have to buy one of Peggi's MVP art tools as seen HERE .
However, my suitcase was at 50 lbs. (the max) and they attached a HEAVY tag with directions for lifting so my shopping was very limited to what I could possibly wear back home or eat. Fortunately this little artist tool is very light in weight and extremely helpful in viewing your painting progression. 

This photo was taken in Hope's beautiful garden and all of this stuff is mine when I'm first getting spread out and set up. I used an umbrella for the first time and that was a learning experience also.You can see the Raymar wet carriers as I chose to work in 6x8 and 8x10 sizes only.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL FIGURATIVE PAINTING,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, PEGGI KROLL ROBERTS WORKSHOP

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Nancy, Your figurative work is really coming along beautifully...I love the bold colors and bold strokes... and of course your hats!
I am looking forward to more.
hugs Vickie

Nancy Standlee said...

Thank you so much Vickie. I appreciate your nice comments so much and hugs back to you. n