Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Thursday, May 29, 2008

LYLAS 7 ~ "Nancy" ~ Tag Galaxy

Lylas 7 "Nancy"
11" x 7 3/8" Acrylic on paper
$100
I had to name one the Lylas paintings for myself. To see how they originated see the post here. After I started posting, someone suggested I name them after ladies in our painting group, Canvas by Canvas.
Some are painted on paper and some are on canvas.
You must visit this addictive site that came in an email from Photojojo this morning. It's all about photos and planets and tags and Flickr. And if you like to paint or take digital photos you're usually searching for photos for reference and this is the coolest way. So now check out Tag Galaxy. Enter a tag, a descriptive word you're searching for, example daisy (94,924 photos) but you can narrow down the search. Planets appear like in a solar system, they rotate and you can select and narrow down your search by clicking on other planets. It basically helps you to visualize tags. Go and spin the planet and find lots and lots of photos.
I posted about the Nicholas Simmons painting DVD available soon and now Creative Catalyst has posted a conversation with him.
CCP will soon have a DVD out by one of my favorite figure painters, Carla O'Connor. Look at a preview here from the American Artist site.
We have two more Lylas to go so you have time to look for photos and spin the planet.

3 comments:

Nick said...

I really like this series Nancy, and it's clear you've upped the ante across the board - all of the recent work is vibrant and exciting. You must be inspired - is it all those girls you're hangin' with? I know I made big talk about the food painting gig, I owe you on that one. Thanks for the plugs too, I didn't know about the "Conversation with Nick" - somehow they caught me talking to myself. See you soon!

ShellyH said...

wow, that is really gorgeous! You have some very nice blogs!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks, Shelly, for stopping by and you have some great blogs also and I love Tupperware!