Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

LYLAS 6 ~ "Maggie" ~ Nick's DVD

Lylas 6 "Maggie"
12" x 9" Acrylic on Gallery
Wrapped Canvas
SOLD
This Lylas is named after Canvas by Canvas artist, Margie Whittington.
She has a blog and a web site where she showcases her murals. Probably every CBC member has taken a class from her at the Upstairs Gallery - sometime or the other. Margie posted on her blog her angel attempt Whimsical Angels ah la Nancy.
This one if for you, Margie.
Today I received a very long awaited email from
Creative Catalyst stating that the Nicholas Simmons DVD was available for preorder. You can watch a short Flash demo of a painting in progress. I ordered a copy and I am signed up for his workshop at Artists' Showplace, in Dallas, TX., June 9-13, 2008.
Today I found a site by way of Amazon. Don't you love it when they send you an email and say well, you bought this book and we think you'd like this one, Watercolor Sketching, by Brenda Swenson. Well, you know for sure that I did. Brenda Swenson has a great web site and has some great watercolors on her site. She has a short truck demo here. She has painted Pasadena and it has reminded me of another of my favorite Pasadena painters, Joseph Stoddard.
I've tried taking a workshop with him but it was canceled. I have two of his books, Redlands Sketchbook and Pasadena Sketchbook, and love looking at his paintings or sketches. Here is his submission for the Moleskin site and I see that he will have a fall book coming out , publisher Walter Foster, Watercolor Made Easy, Expressive Color.
Another great book for my library of art instruction books and dvds. Now to settle down and take the time to read and study in between painting with my Lylas.

5 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

WOW, Thanks Miss Nancy. That's pretty cool, my own Angel Art !!!!
Love It!
Maggie

Kelly said...

Kelly here from CCP. Glad you are excited about the DVD! We're super excited here as well! We are working on some fun Nick web extras to hold you over until the DVD arrives. Hopefully you'll see those coming out soon.

Nancy Standlee said...

Maggie..glad you approve and Kelly..hello again and it's nice to hear from CCP...can't wait to see those web extras. I love CCP and the wonderful art instruction dvds your company produces (and the outtakes are fun). ns

Connie Michael said...

Nancy, your website has more information that a library! What a great resource for all of us. Thanks for making the effort.

Connie

PS: Maggie's lovely!

Nancy Standlee said...

Well, dear Connie, that library moniker is pretty appropriate, since I was a librarian in another life. Thanks for stopping by. ns