Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, May 30, 2011

"Santa Fe Strata" ~ Mixed Media Abstract ~ by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee


"Santa Fe Strata"
12 x 12 in. acrylic on MDF board, mixed media abstract
The Group from the Carol Nelson Workshop, Carol is center bottom row.

"Santa Fe Strata" is a painting I started after a Carol Nelson demo during the Granbury workshop May 23-26, 2011. See my previous blog post for more info about the workshop. Later I'll cover it with an epoxy glaze. Debbie Lincoln, one of the class group, thought we needed a blog to showcase some of the work inspired by the workshop so she has up and running Carol's Clan blog. Check it out HERE.

BLOG................http://NancyStandlee.blogspot.com

WEBSITE..........http://NancyStandlee.com

WEBSITE..........http://CanvasbyCanvas.com

PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS ~ TORN PAPER PAINTINGS ~ WATERMEDIA ~
COLLAGE ART ~ MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING ~ TORN PAPER COLLAGE
~ TEXAS DAILY PAINTER
~ NANCY STANDLEE CONTEMPORARY ART ~ ACRYLIC


Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

3 comments:

Kathleen Barnes said...

I love the colors in this. That orange/blue combination always zings me. You inspire me to get back to more color!!!!!I plan a trip to Dick Blickss today...I have Burridge's color wheel in hand! I am off to a new adventure!!!!!!

Martha Kisling said...

Hi Nancy - I LOVE you mixed media piece! I have been lucky enough to take some of Carol's classes since I live in Colorado - always loads of creative fun.

Nancy Standlee said...

Good luck with the color. The Bob Burridge color wheel will do the trick.