Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, July 4, 2011

Contemporary Mixed Media Abstract ~ "Be Yourself" by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Be Yourself"
8x8 on mdf board

Mixed media abstract, prepared Tyvek, foil, textured papers, oriental papers, cut up paintings, found papers, coated with epoxy resin, blue color painting (click on the image to enlarge)

I am surprised at this painting when I see that it's blue as this is not a color I usually work in but the epoxy resin coating gives it a lot of dimension and depth. This is one of the mixed media paintings I worked on in the Carol Nelson Granbury workshop. See my blog post HERE. I have plans to make a cradle for it later with a new saw but the learning, frustration curve may be too much!

See other paintings in my gallery at Daily Paintworks.
I've given my blog a new face lift. Several had mentioned the black background was hard to read so I decided to go a little lighter.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM,


Contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

2 comments:

Carol Nelson said...

I bet the resin makes it look really good. I love the effect of the resin over reflective surfaces, like painted aluminum foil.

Nancy Standlee said...

Yes, Carol so good it makes me want to resin a lot of my older small pieces. Thanks for teaching me how to do this.