Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Textured Mixed Media Acrylic Figurative Abstract ~ "Two or More Persons: HOV" 11049 ~ by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Two or More Persons: HOV 11049
24x24x1.5 Acrylic Textured Red Abstract Figurative

 This is my red painting. I brought several canvases (some new and some old turkeys) when I took the Cheryl McClure Abstract class recently. It's good to have extra canvases around to wipe off the excess paint from your brushes and use up any left over palette paint at the end of the day to tone or just add some new color to a canvas. I went to the workshop with the intention of painting a red painting and all of them turned into something else. I kept finding people in my abstracts so in this one I just drew some figures and put on red paint over a highly textured foundation. After working on it again this week, I find my ladies have become a blur and the red painting has morphed into an analogous warm painting. Maybe my red painting will appear at the Carolyn Reigelman's workshop in September in Granbury.

The title of several of the abstracts that I worked on during the workshop comes from road signs I saw coming home in heavy Friday traffic. In the Dallas area the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle)  lane is reserved for two or more persons or I considered "Two for the Road". 

Visit my gallery at Daily Paintworks and this week we are advertising on Design Sponge. 

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS,
BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net


No comments: