Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, February 20, 2012

Small Figurative Oil Painting Study from Peggi Kroll Roberts DVD by Texas Contemporary Painter Nancy Standlee

DVD Lesson: From Value to Color 12027
Peggi Kroll Roberts DVD
Oil Study 8x10 on gessoed birch panel

DVD Study: Painting from Photos
Peggi Kroll Roberts DVD
Oil Study 8x6 on canvas panel, gessoed and toned

In the last blog post I told about taking twelve Peggi Kroll DVD's to the Lake House to study and paint from and I completed nine oil studies and was having so much fun and had plans to return home and finish up the other 3. Today I ran to the grocery store and it was the first day my car wheels have turned or my lips have seen lipstick,  since I returned home over 7 days ago and I am desperately trying to rejoin humanity. One peep went to the Lake House recovering from a San Diego virus and do you know what? It felled the rest of us like good little peep marching soldiers. The ones that were sick there were no trouble just wanting to be left alone to sleep so I got a lot of painting done; however, once home and personally felled I've nearly been immobile. In fact I asked my neighbor to get my mail, leave it under a brick on the front porch, ring the doorbell and run and then when he was safely back in his house, then I'd open the door and get the mail trying to not contaminate the neighborhood.  But today I'm actually thinking about painting again after gathering in more soup and fruit. 

I post my work on Daily Paintworks, the creation of Carol and David Marine. They gave a very interesting interview on blog talk radio with the program Artists Helping Artists.    
If you have an iPhone or smart phone you can download these programs and listen at your leisure or listen on the computer. There is a lot of good information for artists discussed. Dreama Tolle Perry and Leslie Saeta host this weekly show and they are workshop instructors and daily painters. Listen sometime or listen to back programs, I think you will enjoy the visit.

I've heard from Peggi Kroll Roberts and she has new DVD's that are being edited at this moment and will be available soon. I plan to be well and ready to order these as soon as I hear. 

Stay well, my friends.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, PEGGI KROLL ROBERTS DVD, OIL STUDY,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest



No comments: