Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, February 13, 2012

Small Oil Painting Seated Figure Study and Butter Still Life Study by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee



Seated Figure 12025 
Oil 8x6 canvas panel A study from a Peggi Kroll Roberts DVD
Lesson: Simplified Shadow Mass

Butter: Lesson: Surface Quality DVD 12026
8x8x3/4 oil on gallery wrapped canvas a study from a PKRoberts DVD

 The peeps set up on one side of the room
Nancy's set up on the other side

I posted HERE in January about my first ever oil painting workshop in Lodi CA with Peggi Kroll Roberts. I ordered her 2 sets of DVD's before I went and watched and studied them but I didn't paint along with them. Well, I got to do that on this long Canvas by Canvas weekend (Thursday to Sunday) at the rented lake house in Gun Barrel City/ Paynes Springs about a 2 hours drive from our homes. I painted the seated figure on Thursday afternoon and came home with 9 studies from the DVD's. You can read more about the DVD's available on Peggi's site HERE 
To see a YouTube Video preview for Simplified Shadow Mass click HERE.
To see a YouTube Video preview for Surface Quality click HERE

I stayed on one side of the roon with my laptop and earphones and painted oils on different supports from the DVD's and I will post two at a time until all are posted and will complete the other 3 during the week. The DVD's are short (30-45 minutes) and concentrate on one concept at a time giving you many different tools to use in your painting tool box. For instance, the Surface Quality, was all about painting thin darks and thick lights.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, SMALL OIL FIGURE PAINTINGS,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, PEGGI KROLL ROBERTS DVD,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: